Successful Network Fund proposals announced
We are happy to announce the first five proposals funded by our EFI Network Fund. This is an exciting new initiative which promotes pan-European research collaboration, providing €1m over the next four years exclusively for EFI Associate and Affiliate Members.
The Fund supports networking activities like joint research initiatives, knowledge networking and capacity building, focusing on EFI’s three strategic themes: bioeconomy, resilience and governance. Funding can be spent on coordination, travel, events, short visits and dissemination.
In the first call, 17 proposals were received from our member organisations. The Evaluation Panel, consisting of Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) members and the Heads of EFI programmes, evaluated the scientific quality of the proposals and the Board made the decision to fund five proposals. See their introductory videos here.
- ENGAGING – Engaging owners of small private forests in active management
Coordinator: Robert Jandl, Austrian Forest Research Center, Austria
- FORMASAM – Forest Management Scenarios for Adaptation and Mitigation
Coordinator: Christopher Reyer, Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Germany
- FORSCEE – The future of a forest-based bioeconomy in Central-Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
Coordinator: Bernhard Wolfslehner, University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences Vienna, Austria
- FOSPREF-Wind – Wind risk to European forests under climate change
Coordinator: Tom Locatelli, Forest Research, UK
- PerForm - Perceiving the Forest-based Sector in the Bioeconomy
Coordinator: Daniela Kleinschmit, Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Germany
A further call is planned in 2020-2021.
Photo: applezoomzoom - stock.adobe.com