The benefits of EFI membership are:
- Regular and timely information on EFI activities and issues related to European forest research in general (EFI Network News, e-mails from Membership service, Directors’ letters).
- The opportunity to influence the direction of EFI’s programme. Associate Members have the right to vote at the Annual Conference.
- The opportunity to stand for Board membership and have a direct influence on the functioning of EFI.
- Networking opportunities: our networking opportunities mean our Associate and Affiliate Members benefit from co-operation, mobilisation of research capacities and efficient pooling of available resources.
- Research collaboration: Associate and Affiliate Members can combine their expertise, find synergies, and share facilities.
- Advocacy: We represent the European forest science community on the global and European stages, giving our member organisations a voice at the highest level.
- Policy support: an avenue for our member organisations. We mobilize and channel the expertise within our member organisations to address policy-relevant questions. Our high-level science-policy forum ThinkForest works to identify emerging policy needs as well as to highlight new knowledge for informed decision-making.
- Grants: We offer grants for scientific visits for your researchers from forest research and education organisations to visit another institute.
- EFI Info Pool: We have established an information forum, EFI Info Pool, where EFI and its network can share news about EU and other research funding calls that are relevant for the forest sector, capacity building opportunities, useful meetings to attend etc. This service is exclusively offered to EFI Member Organisations.
- EFI Network Fund: An exciting new initiative to promote pan-European research collaboration. The EFI Network Fund is a unique instrument which will provide €1m over the next four years exclusively for EFI Associate and Affiliate Members. The Fund supports networking activities like joint research initiatives, knowledge networking and capacity building, focusing on EFI’s three strategic themes: bioeconomy, resilience and governance. Funding can be spent on coordination, travel, events, short visits and dissemination.
If you have any questions about EFI Membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org