Public consultation on past, present and future of EU Horizon R&I Framework Programmes
On 1 December 2022, the European Commission (EC) launched the largest public consultation ever held on the past, present and future of the EU’s Horizon research and innovation programmes 2014-2027. With this consultation, the Commission is collecting input which will be used for:
- the ex-post evaluation of Horizon 2020,
- the mid-term evaluation of Horizon Europe,
- the Horizon Europe Strategic Plan 2025-2027.
According to the Commission, the public consultation allows participants to:
- point out the achievements and shortcomings of the previous EU research and innovation programme Horizon 2020, its relevance and the procedures associated with the application process and funding management;
- express views on Horizon Europe’s design and implementation up until now;
- identify future priorities for Horizon Europe’s Strategic Plan 2025-2027, providing inputs on emerging research and innovation needs, on synergies across EU programmes, etc.
The consultation is open from 1 December 2022 until 23 February 2023. Questions are accessible in English, German and French. Participants can reply in all EU languages. Stakeholders are encouraged to reply to multiple-choice and open questions and are invited to submit position papers. Respondents can choose to reply to one, two or all three parts of the questionnaire.
Further info here.
Access the public consultation
photo by SIW