The project focused on the following objectives:
- Strategic information on policy and market factors driving China's expanding demand for wood-fiber pulp were systematically analyzed and widely disseminated;
- Information required for efficient forest and land resource planning in two key fiber supply regions of China were generated and widely disseminated;
- Benchmark for assessing the fiber supply strategies of major pulp producers in China and the environmental performance of wood pulp producers was established and disseminated;
- Benchmark for assessing the impacts of China's demand for wood pulp on natural forests in supplier countries within South East Asia was assessed and disseminated;
- Relevant information on China's pulp and paper industry and associated plantation resources was made accessible to a wide audience in the public domain;
- Regular and effective dialogue among key stakeholders in the pulp and paper sector in China, South East Asia and Europe, was facilitated and enhanced.