The objectives of the project were as follows:
- Assisting the ETC Core Team in the reporting activities for the SOE2005 report.
- Participating in the development of a core set of indicators that address and describe their influence and effects on forest biodiversity.
- Providing a link to the follow-up process of the 4th Ministerial Conference on Protection of Forests in Europe with regard to 'Protected Forest Areas', and the ongoing COST Action E27 "Protected Forest Areas in Europe-.
- Assisting the EEA - ETC/NPB when relevant and in an ad hoc way on any forest-related matter at European level.
- Participating in the ETC Management Committee meetings and on EIONET Workshops.