The project objectives were as follows:
- application of the new European and national environmental legislation related to the protected territories in Bulgaria;
- adoption of good European practices for management and sustainable use of natural resources and the creation of possibilities for income generation for the local population in the national and natural parks in Bulgaria;
- creation of a working network of partners including the management of national and natural parks, the NGOs, the local authorities and businesses in the above-mentioned areas;
- establishment and strengthening of an institutionalised mechanism for coordination and interaction to make possible the sharing of information and experience among the members of the partnership network;
- attraction of the public attention to the condition, activity and possibilities for development of the protected areas in the country.