The main aim of the project In-Tree was to collect information and enhance understanding and knowledge on the topic of introduced tree species in European context. The project intends to shed light on the management of introduced tree species across the European continent by combining knowledge and experience from different fields of relevant expertise. This will allow answering the following questions:
- How do introduced tree species interact with their environment?
- Can we distinguish between threats and opportunities of introduced tree species?
- Do the intentionally introduced species eventually show invasive character?
- How can a national/regional management approach be linked to an international problem/scale since invasive tree species do not respect borders and their spread by humans is very difficult to manage?
- What are the results of strategies used for managing introduced and invasive tree species?
- What are the costs and benefits of managing introduced and invasive tree species?
This project was funded by the German Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture.
Download the final report here.
More information at the project website: http://in-tree.org/ (last visited 23.7.2018)