2020 EFI Annual Conference
The first ever online version of EFI’s Annual Conference took place on 13 October, bringing together over 100 participants to discuss future plans and carry out decision-making.
Our Annual Conferences gather together representatives of our member organisations, and form an important hub of interaction and networking each year.
In the Members’ Dialogue session, participants heard from the coordinators of three of EFI’s Network Fund projects which began in 2018: FOSPREF-Wind, ENGAGING and PerForm. They jointly reflected on the experiences gained during this first round of the EFI Network Fund, the impacts and outputs their projects had produced, and the challenges they had faced.
Decision-making session in brief
Marco Marchetti, Italy, an EFI Board member since 2017, was re-elected for a second term. Professor Marchetti is Full Professor (Chair of Forest Management and Conservation) and Vice Rector at the University of Molise, Italy, and is the current chair of the EFI Board.
The 2021 Annual Conference will be held in Prague, Czech Republic in October 2021. The Annual Conference selected the hosts for 2022 (Barcelona, Spain) and 2023 (Novi Sad, Serbia).
A warm welcome to our new members!
The Annual Conference welcomed the following Associate and Affiliate Members who had joined over the last year:
- Ukrainian National Forestry University, Ukraine
- Management Body of Mt Aenos National Park, Greece
- Department of Agricultural, Forest and Food Sciences (DISAFA), University of Turin, Italy
- UPM-Kymmene Corporation, Finland
- Business Joensuu Oy, Finland
- University of Belgrade - Faculty of Forestry, Serbia
- University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
- Faculty of Forestry, University of Agriculture in Krakow, Poland
- Université de Lorraine, France
- Georgian Technical University, Georgia
- Centro de Estudios de Dirección, Desarrollo Local, Turismo y Cooperativismo de la Universidad de Pinar del Río, Cuba
The Young Researchers video was shown as part of Director's annual report, during the decision-making session.