EFI Membership: interaction and benefits!
EFI currently has c. 120 member organisations from 38 countries. They represent forest research, industry, forest owners, environmental research and international forest-related organisations.
Any organisation can apply for EFI membership:
- Associate membership is open to research institutes, educational establishments, commercial organisations, forest authorities, non-governmental organisations and institutions of similar nature from European States.
- Affiliate membership is open to institutions of a similar nature from non-European States.
We offer benefits to our members, for example:
- Networking opportunities: our networking opportunities mean our Associate and Affiliate Members benefit from co-operation, mobilisation of research capacities and efficient pooling of available resources.
- Research collaboration: Associate and Affiliate Members can combine their expertise, find synergies, and share facilities.
- Grants: We offer grants for scientific visits for your researchers from forest research and education organisations to visit another institute.
- EFI Network Fund: An exciting initiative to promote pan-European research collaboration. The Fund supports networking activities like joint research initiatives, knowledge networking and capacity building, focusing on EFI’s three strategic themes: bioeconomy, resilience and governance. Funding can be spent on coordination, travel, events, short visits and dissemination.
See the full benefits list here.
Further info on how to join us here.
Photo: Adam Walker, The James Hutton Institute