Currently available traineeships
Communications Trainee for Mediterranean and Genetic Resources Facilities in Barcelona, Spain
EFI’s Mediterranean Facility (EFIMED) focuses on creating sustainable value from Mediterranean forested landscapes. Our newly established Genetic Resources Facility (EFIGEN) provides a European hub for forest genetic resources, promoting research, policy advice and networking. More about EFI's Mediterranean and Genetic Resources Facilities can be found on our website.
The communications trainee will be working with colleagues on various communication and dissemination activities and projects, including:
- Help maintain our social media channels and support the communications team in the preparation of newsletters, web posts and blog content
- Assist in the preparation of communication products, infographics, visual and video materials, and their dissemination
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Assist the planning of events according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- A university degree related to communications, environment or related fields
- Practical experience with website and social media content management
- Ideally with training or skills in at least one of the following: video editing; graphic design; photography; or podcasts
- Fluent in English; Spanish and / or other Mediterranean languages are an asset
- Ability to work with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel), WordPress or similar CMS
Duration: 4-6 months, starting immediately, as soon as candidate is identified.
Other info: Please note that if you are part of the Spanish Social Security system to carry out the traineeship you must be attending a university and the traineeship is part of your study requirements.
Traineeship location: Barcelona, Spain
Contact persons: Giuseppe Tripodi and Sarah Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Forest Products Trade Flow Database – systems development
EFI maintains a database system to provide an up-to-date, neutral, comprehensive source of forest products bilateral trade statistics to the public through an online interface. The data are queried from UN COMTRADE and go through a validation process before being made accessible online. The system includes a possibility to produce on-the-fly pdf reports that follow predefined formats. We seek a highly skilled trainee to develop additional report formats and to improve the data visualization options. For more info, see: https://www.efi.int/knowledge/databases/fptf
Skills required: Confident English language user, excellent coding ability with R statistical software (Linux, Windows), MySQL and on-line visualization applications
Duration: Minimum 6 months (flexible)
Trainees need to be granted a study grant or scholarship prior arrival. EFI can provide limited assistance with the grant application process if necessary.
Traineeship location: Joensuu
Contact person: Jo Van Brusselen (email@example.com)