We are seeking an Assistant Director for Policy Support
EFI is seeking a senior professional with leadership, policy support and international research experience to coordinate EFI’s Policy Support Facility.
The Assistant Director’s main areas of responsibility will be:
- Overall coordination of EFI’s policy support activities.
- Leading, fundraising and managing the Policy Support Facility (including ThinkForest Forum).
- Enhancing the involvement of member countries, member organisations and EFI Units in policy support activities.
- Representing and promoting EFI’s participation in relevant policy forums.
- Actively networking and engaging with the media, for example by writing Op-Ed articles.
- Developing and coordinating editorial responsibilities for policy-relevant EFI publications.
- Supervision of EFI policy support facility team members.
- Proven successful international experience in coordinating science-policy support work in the field of natural resources.
- Excellent fundraising, coordination, managerial and international networking experience.
- Excellent communications capacity and experience of working with the media.
- Excellent English skills, knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
- Interest and capability to work across disciplines and sectors.
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
The employee can be based at one of our offices in either Joensuu (Finland), Bonn (Germany), or Barcelona (Spain).
The employee will be an EFI staff member. A fixed term appointment of five years with the possibility for an extension. Ideally, the successful candidate should start during the first half of 2021.
This position offers a challenging opportunity to work within a stimulating international environment in one of the Institute’s leading positions. Interested candidates are requested to send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree certificates/diplomas with a motivation letter by 11th December 2020, using our online application form.
For more information about the post, please contact Marc Palahí, Director: marc.palahí@efi.int.
EFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.