In line with EFI’s organisational research focus, EFIMED provides scientific research to support informed policy making across the Mediterranean basin. EFI’s strategy is built around three complementary, interdisciplinary research themes: Bioeconomy, Resilience and Governance.
EFIMED promotes and conducts research and promotes innovative actions that enhance global knowledge related to Mediterranean forests, and which contribute to improved management, planning, and policymaking.
Current research priorities
- Forest fire prevention and fire resilient landscapes
- Economic tools and policies for sustainable forest goods and services
- Connecting knowledge and innovation on Mediterranean non-wood forest products
- Advancing understanding of social innovation and innovative governance in marginalised rural areas
- Adapting to climate and land use changes on forest ecosystem function
- Innovative models and decision systems for optimising forest management planning