We are seeking a Head of Governance Programme
EFI is seeking a senior professional with leadership and international research experience to lead EFI’s Governance Programme.
The key responsibilities of the Head of Governance will include:
- Leading EFI’s Governance Programme according to EFI’s strategy and plans.
- Fundraising and further developing an interdisciplinary team of international researchers to address existing and emerging scientific and policy questions within the thematic area of governance.
- Communicating with donors, stakeholders and the media.
- Coordinating governance-related activities within EFI.
- Networking with EFI member organisations and other stakeholders.
- Acting as EFI’s focal point for collaboration with EFI’s Research Network on Forest Policy
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated capacity to work across different disciplines.
- At least 10 years of international experience in leading governance-related research initiatives.
- Proven record in fundraising , in particular EC/EU funded projects.
- Excellent coordination, managerial and networking skills.
- Excellent communications capacity and willingness to engage and work with media.
- Experience in the science-policy interface and policy support work.
- An excellent track record of publishing in international scientific journals.
- Capability to create an inspiring team work environment.
- Excellent English skills, knowledge of other European languages is an asset.
The employee will be based at EFI’s Office in Bonn, Germany.
The employee will be an EFI staff member. This is a fixed term appointment of five years with the possibility for an extension. The successful candidate is expected to take up the position by Summer 2022.
This position offers a challenging opportunity to work within a stimulating international environment in one of the Institute’s senior positions.
Interested candidates are requested to send (in English) a CV including copies of academic degree certificates/diplomas with a motivation letter by 29th November 2021, using our online application form.
For more information about the post, please contact Robert Mavsar, Deputy Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EFI is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated confidentially.
Please note that only candidates that have been shortlisted for interview will be contacted.