Resilient landscapes to face catastrophic forest fires
In this section you will find the material presented by the speakers of the event "Resilient landscapes to face catastrophic forest fires" held in Madrid in October 2019. All presentations are available for download in PDF.
You can also watch the presentations which were recorded during the live stream of the event, now available in videos.
Experiences from around the world
- A global overview of forest fire trends: a practitioner’s perspective
Peter F. Moore - FAO, Rome, Italy.
- Societal expectations, wildfire management organisational culture, and public land values in the United States: the role of risk management in addressing a wicked problem
Dave E. Calkin - Rocky Mountain Research Station, Montana, USA.
- Fires in Indonesia: Current policies and some priorities for research
Luca Tacconi - Australian National University, Canberra, Australia.
- Cost efficiency of fire risk mitigating actions: Mediterranean context under global changes (in Spanish)
Francisco Rodríguez y Silva - University of Córdoba, Spain.
- Developing wildfire management strategies in Catalonia
Cristina Vega-García - University of Lleida, Spain.
- What can we learn about forest fire prevention from community work in South Africa?
Val Charlton - LANDWORKS, South Africa.
Session 3. Fire-preventing action: Mediterranean programme
- Forest fire prevention through the promotion of strategic forest management in Barcelona: Intervention in the urban interface (in Spanish)
Ana Morgado - Barcelona Provincial Council, Spain.
- Private forest owners in Portugal: Mitigation actions within fragmented landscapes
Rosário Alves - FORESTIS, Portugal.
- Integrated Forest Fire Prevention Teams and inter-institutional collaboration for fire prevention in Spain
Elena Hernández Paredes - Directorate-General for Rural Development, Innovation and Forestry Policy, Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Spain.
- Resilient landscapes in Castilla y León: Lessons from Plan 42
Javier Ezquerra - Junta de Castilla y León, Spain.