How to apply
The Young Leadership Programme is designed for future leaders and experts working in research and education (e.g. PhD students), administration, NGOs, business side of the forest sector or related area (e.g. natural resources management, environmental policy, climate change, energy, bioeconomy) and working in or with China and Russia.
We welcome applications from young professionals with a few years of work experience, from China and Russia as well as other countries working with both countries. The age range is approximately 25-35 years.
We aim to have a mix of participants with different background and experience, and equal representation of participants from China, Russia and other countries. Up to 20 participants will be selected.
Please fill in the online application here.
Applicants are asked to provide:
- A motivation letter describing your professional interests, why you wish to apply to the Young Leadership Programme and how it will help you develop in your career
- A CV
- A supporting letter from your employer, highlighting your leadership potential
Applicants to the Young Leadership Programme – Eurasia edition must have:
- Proficiency in English to allow full participation in course discussions
- A CV that demonstrates professional experience and leadership potential
- Affiliation with an institution or working on Chinese and Russian forest sector and governance issues.
A registration fee of 750 EUR per participant will be charged upon acceptance, payable in advance.
Participants are responsible for making their own travel arrangements and booking accommodation.
Some scholarships will be made available to participants working at non-profit organisations, to cover the programme registration fee. Please indicate in your application letter if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
Photo by Saku Ruusila